Frontier Touring wishes to advise that due to the uncertainty around border closures and current COVID restrictions across and into Australia, Hoodoo Gurus upcoming December 40th Anniversary AdelaideTour will be rescheduled to Tue 5 April 2022.
“Let’s face it, folks – 2021 is a write-off. We had high hopes earlier in the year that the pandemic would be behind us by now but... well, you know as well as I do. Delta skelter!, dashed hopes, spilt milk, whatever, we won’t let it break us. Stay strong, stay safe and stay put – we’ll get everything back on track in 2022. As the song says, all the good times we had we'll have again. Believe it.” Dave Faulkner
Tickets for the original performances will be valid for the rescheduled date without taking further action. Patrons unable to attend new date may obtain a full refund. Refund requests must be submitted prior to Wednesday 3 November.
Touring in support of their 40th Anniversary of their first live show in 1981 plus the release of their latest single World Of Pain (out now via Universal Music Australia), Hoodoo Gurus are planning big things for 2022, including the release of their forthcoming 10th studio album, with details to be announced very soon.
With special guests, iconic US indie-darlings, The Dandy Warhols, on the bill, this is a stellar line-up you won’t want to miss.
Since their formation in 1981, Hoodoo Gurus’ boast 9 x ARIA Top 20 albums, 9 x ARIA Top 40 singles and a swag of multi-platinum albums – they’re mainstays on the live scene, and perpetually influential to a new generation of artists.
It is Hoodoo Gurus evocative and relatable lyricism, peerless song writing - with a hint of punk attitude - placed in a distinctively Australian context that has provided a careful balance of critical success and enduring mainstream appeal for 40 years.
‘...Dave Faulkner's crunching surf guitar riff took us straight back to the heaving beer barns of the 1980s in which the Gurus made their name. ...Rick Grossman's roiling bass, Brad Shepherd's fanging rhythm guitar and Nik Rieth's martial drumming kicked in... a tribute to the Gurus' tightness, showmanship and sheer number of well-known tunes.’ – Sydney Morning Herald 2020
Please note, SA Health has directed that venue management implement the following COVID Safe measures, with ALL patrons required to comply without exception:
All patrons will be required to show confirmation of their QR code check in upon arrival at the Adelaide Entertainment Centre. Entry to the venue will not be permitted until this is sighted by our staff.
1. WEAR A MASK - All patrons shall be strictly required to wear a face mask at all times (excluding children under 12), unless you have a medical exemption for which evidence must be produced upon request. Masks may only be removed whilst eating or drinking in your allocated seat. You are requested to bring your own reusable mask. If you don’t have a reusable mask, surgical masks will be available on entry.
2. Arrive early – All patrons are recommended to allow additional time due to COVID measures in place which may delay entry.
3. Print your tickets (if you selected Print at Home Ezy Tickets) and have all tickets ready to be scanned at entry.
4. Any food & beverage must be consumed when seated only.
5. Adelaide Entertainment Centre is a cashless venue - no cash transactions will be accepted, including car parking.
If you are attending the event as part of a group, as the primary ticket purchaser, you are responsible for knowing the contact details of all attendees in your group. Should you be contacted directly by the Government, including the Department of Health, for the purposes of contact tracing, you must: (a) make the contact details of your group available (if you have the consent of each group member to do so); or (b) contact each member of your group, and request that they provide their contact details to the Government directly. You are responsible for passing on the above information to all members in your group.
As always, we need you to:
• Limit the number and size of bags you bring and have any bags ready for inspection as you approach your entry gate. This will make security checks faster and safer.
• Stay home if you are feeling unwell. If you develop any cold or flu symptoms after the event please get tested for COVID-19